Caprese salad...pasta? YES PLEASE!!

| Tuesday, September 28, 2010 | |
So I don't really need to tell you how to make a Caprese salad. It's pretty simple, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, and balsamic glaze. I like those things...I now know that I also like all those things mixed into pasta (who doesn't like pasta??)!! I started by putting the balsamic vinegar in a small pan over medium heat, once it began to boil I reduced to the heat to medium low and let it simmer until it started getting thick and could coat the back of a spoon. I set that aside and boiled my pasta. I used the Garden Delight Penne. While that was boiling I cut yellow and red cherry tomatoes in half, cut fresh mozzarella balls in half (I used the small mozzarella balls), and cut my basil. Once the pasta was done I strained it and rinsed it in cold water - not only to stop the cooking process, but to also make sure the pasta wasn't warm (you don't wanna melt the cheese). I then poured a little bit of olive oil onto the pasta so it wouldn't stick together, then I mixed everything together and drizzled with the balsamic glaze...mmmmmm. It was SO good. Not only was it tasty, but it's healthy AND cheap to make! You should really try it...it was like a "party in my tummy. So yummy, so yummy."


0 comments:

Post a Comment