Who DOESN'T like bananas and chocolate??

| Saturday, September 11, 2010 | |
I have lots of recipes I want to start posting...so I'll start with one I made today.
Total time is about 30-35 minutes.

BANANA & CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

1 3/4 c all purpose flour
3/4 c agave nectar
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 egg
3/4 c vanilla yogurt
3 ripe bananas
Chocolate chips (I'm not designating an amount because these are sprinkled on top, so it's up to you as to how many you want)


1) Preheat oven to 375º & prepare muffin tin (okay, fancy way of saying spray it with an oil - like coconut or canola)

2) Combine flour, baking soda, & salt in a bowl and set aside

3) In another bowl beat the egg, then add the bananas and mash (I used a potato masher and the process went rather quickly). Then stir on yogurt & agave.

4) Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until moistened.

5) Fill muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full (you will probably have some batter left over, I used to to fill some mini muffin tins) and then sprinkle some chocolate chips on top. I used semi-sweet chocolate and you can see from the picture that I didn't add an obscene amount on the top of each muffin. I think putting too many will make these REALLY sweet.

6) Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Test for doneness by pushing your finger on the top of the muffin. If the dent you created puffs back up, they're done! (You can also use the toothpick trick to test for doneness as well)




On a side note, these muffins are a little dense compared to commercially bought muffins or muffin mixes (more like a banana bread than a muffin)...but they taste amazing and no pesky fillers or additives. ENJOY!

UPDATE (19 SEP 10): I poured this into a bread pan today. Same ingredients, but I added about a 1/4 c of chocolate chips into the batter, turned down the temp to 350º, and baked for about 60-70 minutes. It turned out great!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment