Quick, healthy, and delicious

| Monday, September 27, 2010 | |
So tonight I needed to throw dinner together fast...and was highly unmotivated to do so. Alas, my children have to eat, so I had no choice right? I ended up making this quinoa dish and it turned out really good so I decided to post it. I served it with a salmon burger patty (yeah, I generally "don't cook fish at home"...I know. I'm seriously a walking contradiction. But I got them at Costco and they looked delicious and easy to make on days like these.) Anyway...here it is:


Lemony Lime Black Bean Quinoa
Serves 4

1 c quinoa
2 c broth of your choice (I used vegetable broth)
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 small avocado, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced & sauteed in 1/2 T olive oil
1 t buttery spread (I used Earth Balance)
Juice of 1 lemon & 1 lime
Zest of half a lemon (about 1/2 t)


1) Bring broth to a boil, add quinoa, return to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and cook until broth is absorbed (about 12-15 minutes)


2) Add the rest of the ingredients to the quinoa and combine, taking special care not to smash the avocado.


3) Enjoy.



Pretty simple dish, but very tasty and super quick.

Nutritional Info per Serving: Calories: 374, Fat: 14g (remember, good fats from the avocado), Carbs: 55g, Fiber: 13g, Protein: 13g



Published via Blogger-droid v1.5.9

0 comments:

Post a Comment