Happy Valentine's Day to me...

| Saturday, February 12, 2011 | |
So this Valentines Day my oh so wonderful bf surprised me with a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer!!!

Yeah...it's like that

I've been wanting one of these things forever...but even more so recently with all the cupcakery (is that even a word?) I've been doing. I got it on Friday and have been itching to use it, BUT I only tend to bake on Sundays. This is because I don't actually eat anything I bake. Hahaha....I take it all to work. I like the baking part, but not the fatness that tends to come with eating what you make. Really, as my bf has pointed out many times, it's all part of my diabolical plan to make everyone around me fat. Haha...but ya know, they enjoy it. I've already been told my food needs to come with a diabetes warning label...yet people still mow through it like they haven't seen baked goods in years. Co-workers have even gotten upset when they come down to my office and all the cupcakes are gone. It reminds me of Woody Harrelson in Zombieland looking for the ever elusive twinkies. No lie.

But I digress...since there isn't going to be any baking in my kitchen until tomorrow, yet I can't wait any longer to use this damn mixer...I decided to make whipped cream. I've never made whipped cream from scratch before. I always thought it would be a pain in the ass. Alas, it was SO super simple with this mixer. It took less than 5 minutes and I only needed 2 ingredients. I'm sure most people know how to make whipped cream, but I know I was unsure of the ratio of cream to sugar...so I'm gonna go ahead and post this "recipe" anyway.

Whipped Cream

1 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
3 T sugar

1) Pour the cream into the mixing bowl and stick it in the fridge for a few minutes (to make sure both the bowl and the liquid are chilled). Once chilled, place bowl back on the mixer and use the wire whisk attachment. Start on a lower setting and slowly work up to a medium/high setting. Once soft peaks start to form, add sugar slowly, one tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Done.

See how easy? And it's mighty tasty...

0 comments:

Post a Comment