Blueberry Coffee Cake

| Saturday, August 13, 2011 | |
This coffee cake is absolutely amazing. My boyfriend sent me the recipe (from allrecipes.com). He wanted me to make it and send it to him in Iraq. Being the great girlfriend I am, I obliged. I put it in a plastic container with a piece of bread (that's the trick to keeping baked goods moist when you ship them) and off it went. He loved it (but even if he didn't, it would be totally his fault since he's the one who sent me the recipe - haha). The moistness is from the addition of sour cream, which I like to add to cupcakes too. So, without further ado...


Blueberry Coffee Cake
Serves 12 people

1 c butter
2 c white sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 c light sour cream
1 t vanilla extract
1 5/8 c all-purpose flour (that would be 1 1/2 cups + 2 Tbsp)
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 1/2 c fresh blueberries

1/2 c raw turbinado sugar or brown sugar
1 t ground cinnamon
1 T powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9 inch bundt pan.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar until light and fluffy (this will take a few minutes). Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each egg. Then blend in the sour cream and vanilla.

3. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients a little at a time (about a 1/4 c) until just blended. Fold in blueberries (gently, you don't want to pop them because then you will end up with purple/blue batter).

4. Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. In a small bowl combine the raw/brown sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle half the mixture over the batter in the pan. Spoon remaining batter on top and sprinkle with the rest of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Use a knife, or the like, to "swirl" the cinnamon sugar into the cake.

5. Bake for 55 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Once cool, invert onto a serving platter and dust with powdered sugar.

Shame on me, I forgot to take a pic, so this is courtesy of
http://moon-pie.blogspot.com/

Nutrition Info Per Serving (if you REALLY must know. I would personally divert my eyes from this): Calories: 428, Fat: 18g, Carbs: 68g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 5g

0 comments:

Post a Comment